Student Terms and Conditions
The term ‘Force Majeure’ covers incidents and situations beyond the control of the school. These situations may force a temporary closure of services offered.
- It is a basic stipulation of the agreement / contract between students and The London Language Foundation (LLF) or its representatives; that neither LLF or our representatives are liable for refunds or damages, howsoever arising in cases where LLF is unable to fulfil the delivery of any or part of our contractual agreement owing to such causes shall include (see list below) but shall not be limited to: Industrial action; war; threat of war; riot; civil strife adverse weather conditions (including flooding, fire, snow, volcanic activity); infectious diseases; closure of national borders.
- The list above are known as external variables- outside the control of LLF.
- LLF aims to provide students with a safe, comfortable and hygienic learning environment.
- However, students are advised that LLF, LLF employees , tutors and LLF representatives accept no liability for personal injury and/or loss or damage to personal property on the school premises, whether by fire, flooding, burglary or theft or otherwise.
- This condition also applies to public and private locations when students attend a school trip or excursion.
- The school is not responsible for storage and safe keeping or delivery of any fax, post, courier delivery sent to the student at LLF address.
- Once examination results and/or Attendance Certificates have been issued to a student, the student must take full responsibility for theses certificates. Students will incur ‘re-issuing fees’ for lost documentation.
- Photography & filming
- LLF may take promotional photographs and video footage of students during a class, social situation or school trip.
- If students do not wish to participate in photographs, then the student must inform the college that their image/photograph should not be used for college publicity. LLF will respect your decision.
- LLF retain the copyright of all photographs and video material.
Privacy of information: Personal Information: The London Language Foundation complies with the Data Protection Act 1998.
- The LLF reserves the right to charge an administration fee of £60 each time the course, or accommodation is changed or postponed after LLF have confirmed your initial registration/enrolment. (These charges apply for changes prior to your arrival at LLF and also once you have joined classes in London). All course cancellations must be made in writing to the Principal or Managing Director of The London Language Foundation.
- Bookings may be cancelled a minimum of 14 days prior to course commencement with an administration penalty of £100.
- For late cancellation of your course place (1-7 days) prior to your course commencement, an additional administration penalty of £60 is applicable. Therefore, when combined with the above penalty, your total course penalty would be £150.
- There is no refund of any fees once you have commenced the course or arrived in the UK (this policy also applies to a ‘No Show’, postponement, late arrival, early departure or days you missed during the course).
- Cancellation of individual tuition: If you have booked an individual lesson then you must give the LLF 48 hours notice of your non-attendance to avoid a cancellation fee. Lesson cancellations with less than 48 hours notice will be charged at the agreed prepaid rate.
- If we cancel a class students will be given the option of taking the class later or if this is not possible have the cost of the class refunded.
- Withdrawal from an LLF course (longer than 6 weeks duration): Students are required to make the withdrawal request in writing addressed to the Principal or Managing Director. You need to give the school a minimum of 4 weeks’ notice – if you wish to withdraw from a course that extends to beyond 6 weeks. LLF will refund unused fees allocated for the remainder of the course – less a £50 administration fee.
- However, please note: Students who have used college documents for visa renewal and extension purposes or for travel discounts and/or contracts with third parties – refunds are not applicable).
- Visa refusals: Please note it is not the responsibility of the school to organise your passport or visa to enter the UK. This is your responsibility – however, if your visa to travel to the UK is refused then a fee deduction of £250 is applicable –with the balance refunded to the party who made the fee payment. (Visa refusal documentation is required for refunds to be processed by the school).
Reduction or LLF cancellation of Lessons:
- LLF reserves the right to reduce the number of lessons for a class due to insufficient student numbers.
- LLF also reserves the right to cancel or re-schedule classes where there is insufficient demand for group teaching or any other justifiable reason or cause to do so (see –Force Majeure for additional information).
- LLF will offer you an alternative class of the same value or lesson vouchers.
- If no alternative class exists then a pro- rata refund of your course fees are applicable. Please also read the cancellation and refund policy in Section 2.
What Our Students Say
Roma Secures Dream Job at Law FirmStudent
I studied at LLF for 4 years.it’s a really a good choice because it’s the best school for foreigners. Small groups, good location, friendly and helpful teachers with good energy, willing to help people like me to achieve goals… Thanks to that I got a dream job in the biggest, multi-national law company in the UK.
Leticia Del Valle Rojas Trillo, VenezuelaStudent
The General English course is very interesting at The London Language Foundation. The teachers are really helpful. We can see that she prepares the lessons well in advance so that everything is under control during the session. We are making good progress. I am truly happy at LLF, in Limehouse, East London.
Margareta Iordache, RomaniaStudent
The teachers at The London Language Foundation are brilliant, the courses are interactive, the quality is perfect, and the price is very good. The environment is fantastic, you can have a walk around the boats and river in Limehouse, East London.